Backup server data at the block level bypassing the file system and reading data directly from the disk or volume. Block-level backup provides advantages over traditional file backup technologies including the speed of completing a backup operation, a drastic reduction in disk and network I/O, the ability to perform backups as often as every 15 minutes and no performance penalty for servers having a large number of files.
This Disaster Recovery / Business Continuity Audit program identifies control objectives that are meet by the audit program. There are 36 specific items that the audit covers in the 13 page audit program.
This program can be used as standalone audit program or in concert with the following Microdium offerings:
- Disaster Recovery / Business Continuity Template
- Security Manual Template
- Security Audit Program Template
- Business and IT Impact Questionnaire
- IT Service Management for Service Oriented Architecture\
- Metrics for the Internet and Information Technology
The Disaster Recovery / Business Continuity Audit program covers the following control objectives are:
- Ensure that adequate and effective contingency plans have been established to support the prompt recovery of crucial enterprise functions and IT facilities in the event of major failure or disaster;
- Ensure that all mandated disaster recovery, business continuity, and security requirements have adequate compliance policies and procedures in place;
- Ensure the survival of the business and to minimize the implications of a major enterprise and/or I T failure;
- Ensure that all the potential risks to the enterprise and its IT facilities are identified and assessed in preparation of the contingency plans;
- Ensure the optimum contingency arrangements are selected and cost effectively provided;
- Ensure that an authorized and documented disaster recovery / business continuity plan is created, maintained up-to-date, and securely stored;