- Introduces a new licensing option where users can choose to purchase annual subscription licenses based upon number of Virtual Machines being backed up. The current perpetual licensing option remains available.
- Introduces an extended trial until 30/6/2021 for Microsoft Azure Stack HCI Hosts. This extended trial will allow users to backup Virtual Machines running on HCI hosts for free until end of June 2021.
- Adds support for replication from / to VMware Hosts running vSphere version 7.0
- Adds a new CLI tool for exporting VHDs or VMDKs directly from backup data without having to restore the Virtual Machine first. This is available as a standalone tool within the Altaro VM Backup Install location.
- Optimizes calls to vSphere and vCenter servers to ensure that a single session is used for all calls within an operation. This leads to improved performance when connecting to the vSphere API.
- Supports an Override file which allows users to disable auto-discovery of new Virtual Machines in their connected Hypervisors
- Additional commands are now supported by the Altaro VM Backup API which is made available for scripting. These are:
- New API call to create / delete / assign retention policies
- New API call to create / delete backup schedules
- New API call to assign a license key to a host
- Fixes an issue where an Offsite copy to the Altaro Offsite Server (AOS) could fail randomly on large environments with error “AGENTPROXY_001 The request for security token could not be satisfied because authentication failed”
- Fixes an issue where backup email reports would flag backups of Virtual Machines with a daily schedule as overdue even though the backups were taken on a daily basis
- Fixes an issue where old backup version retention operations were not running concurrently per Customer and they were being queued sequentially
- Fixes an issue where a restore operation to VMware vSphere 7.0 could fail
- Fixes an issue where the delete all backup versions feature would fail and cause subsequent operations to fail
- Fixes an issue that in very rare scenarios could cause a system error during CDP backups. (Hyper-V only).
- Includes other bug fixes and improvements