CHANGES AND NEW FEATURES
- Added S/MIME support for message signing and encryption
IMPORTANT: There are three known issues with S/MIME support:
(1) A crash occurs when Outlook tries to sign or encrypt a plain text or RTF message using Outlook 2016 and Windows 10.
(2) Embedded S/MIME encrypted message within sent encrypted S/MIME message will have blank message body.
(3) S/MIME receipt is not supported at this time.
- MDaemon Connector will prompt the user to change their password if the account’s MDaemon password has expired or must be changed.
- MC 32-bit EXE client installer size is reduced
- Rename Outlook Connector to be MDaemon Connector
- An option has been added to force the use of HTML formatting when composing a new message, replying to a message, and forwarding a message. If S/MIME is being used, it is recommended that this option is enabled. On some machines Outlook may pop up a security warning when a compose window is opened if this option is enabled.
- Possible fix to MC account setting property pages not fitting properly in screen space
- MC client installers disable the Simplified Account Creation in Outlook 2016 via the registry to address account creation issue
- fix to text changes are not saved when composing with html message template files (.OFT)]
- fix to an Outlook crash when downloading a malformed message