- Proxy support added for the “serverbackup-setup –getmodule” binary.
- SBM-bundled Apache Tomcat version upgraded to v7.0.47. This update eliminates potential security vulnerabilities associated with Tomcat v6.0.35, which was no longer supported by Apache.
Server Backup Manager
- Unable to delete a Power-User while attempting to delete a volume associated to that user via the “Users > Delete User” action.
- Unable to create a new Control Panel instance from Policy > Control Panels due to a “java.lang.NullPointerException” error.
- “File system has unsupported features” error appears when attempting to browse a Disk Safe.
- All available MySQL instances are displayed when browsing DBs for specific Control Panel users. Only MySQL instances associated with a specific Control Panel should be displayed.
- Standard cPanel users cannot view or restore DBs using the R1Soft plugin.
- File mode set improperly when creating parent directories for restored files, resulting in permissions discrepancies between a restored file and the original.
- Enabling the “Can edit machine users” permission for a Power-User incorrectly populates “Delete Protected Machine” as an additional option in the Actions menu.
- Power-Users may be unable to view queued and running tasks on the SBM Dashboard.
- Backup fails if a policy is configured with the Virtuozzo 7 agent as a Control Panel instance.
- Disk Safe Remote Replication cannot be disabled via API.
- DB fails to restore if the DB name contains special characters (“Databa$e”).
- Browsing an XFS mount point from a Debian 9 x86 machine generates an error that causes the Search Recovery Point feature to loop indefinitely.
- DBs visible to Admins are not visible to cPanel users, preventing cPanel users from restoring DBs.
- DB restore results in a “performance_schema.session_variables doesn’t exist” error.
Server Backup Agent
- Windows agent creates, but does not delete, registry keys during backup.
- SBA v6.2.2 will start instead of SBA v6.4 if both agent versions are installed on a Windows Server 2012 R2 machine.
You must have an active maintenance account to upgrade. If you have a perpetual (non-heartbeat) license, it will be converted to a heartbeat license automatically upon upgrade. Make sure your SBM has https connectivity to complete this conversion. During the upgrade, you will be notified of the change and will be given the option to revert back to the previous version you were running.
Data Center Console
After completing the software updates in environments using Data Center Console, R1Soft recommends refreshing the associated SBM server data for proper syncing.
Backup Agent software requires a glibc version of 2.5 or greater.
|GNU C Library Compatibility|
Backup Agents on Linux distributions with older glibc libraries should remain on version 5.10 or earlier versions of the Backup Agent software. Refer to the following Knowledge Base article for more information: Error – Linux cdp agent fails with “Floating Point Exception”.
Common Problems and Issues
- File search will run forever for protected machines with EFI partitions, the search will get stuck in /boot/efi. As a workaround, specify the starting path for the search.
- Multipath I/O storage configurations with duplicate device UUIDs are not supported and have been found to not function in some configurations.
- When upgrading DCC and SBM from 5.6.2 to 5.12+, associated SBM servers may appear “offline”. To resolve this issue, remove and re-add the SBM servers.
- The merge task may fail when you attempt to merge a recovery point that was interrupted due to CLOB/BLOB issues. If the merge fails due to this issue, merge the points one by one. After the merge fails, merge each recovery point one by one until the task is successful.
- Users who have Debian installations should note that a Debian-based machine that has both RPM and DEB packages installed is recognized as RPM-based only by Server Backup Manager.
- Users cannot set heap memory for more than 1024 MB using serverbackup-setup -m. Even if there is more than enough space, Server Backup Manager displays a message indicating that memory specified must be smaller than 1024 MB. Edit server.conf to update memory settings.
- Users who have more than 1,500 mount points per device may experience performance issues during a file restore or when attempting to browse recovery and archive points.
- Server Backup 5.2.x and later do not support remote deployment to a Windows 2003 server because installing drivers requires user interaction..
- Users who use Centos LiveCD on any bare-metal restores that have LVM may receive error messages that they failed to restore deltas to a certain device number. This issue results from the fact that because the Centos LiveCD uses its own LVM to manage its file systems, dm-0 and dm-1 are always in use. To avoid this issue, choose a target that is two LVM devices higher than the original. For example, if /tmp is originally on /dev/dm-1, you should choose /dev/dm-3 as your target.
- RecoveryCD versions 4.2.0 and 5.0.0 do not work when performing a bare-metal restore to a target that includes mdadm and LVM devices.
- Some users may receive an exception error message when attempting to exclude a large group of files in a directory when performing a restore.
- Microsoft Exchange Server 2007 users cannot restore a mailbox database to an alternate location.
Data Center Console issues
- When editing a Policy in DCC, the Recovery Point limit set at the Volume level can be exceeded. Volume objects must be refreshed in order to see the limit changes. This is done by refreshing SBM or by editing and re-saving the Volume.
- The Data Center Console displays incorrect values in the Compression Type section of the Edit Disk Safe window after editing the values.
- Internet Explorer users who enable the Compatibility view may notice graphical display issues when attempting to view some Data Center Console pages, such as the Disk Usage, Volumes, and Policies pages. This issue does not occur in other Web browsers.
Parallels Virtuozzo user issues
- Not all files are downloaded for a container on Virtuozzo and system displays the error message, ERROR – Failed to download file, in the log file.
- Parallels Cloud Server 6.0 users may notice that Virtuozzo virtual machines are not detected as devices in the Disk Safe wizard. The VMs are backed up. If you need granular file restore for a VM, you can back up the PCS VM by installing a Server Backup Agent in the VM guest operating system.
- Virtuozzo users may notice that when some containers are downloaded, the compressed file does not contain the first and last container listed in the recovery points.